Friday, January 28, 2011

Sad news

The end part of the year of the tiger has not been good. My son came down with this viral - turned - bacterial infection that gave him a bad case of the cough, cold, pink eye and an ear infection. The whole thing lasted for a month. I came down with a bad case of the flu, despite having gotten my flu shots late last year, and it was so bad at one point that I couldn't even stand up without support. My husband was coughing so hard that he sounded like he was trying to cough his lungs out.

The worst part of it all is that despite all that, we seem to have been the fortunate ones as we got off lightly.

My uncle, my mom's brother, was hospitalized last Friday and a few days later, he was pronounced brain-dead. He's still alive, technically, because he is hooked up to all these machines in the ICU. Now, we're just waiting.

:(

Last night, I was praying for my uncle and asking God to put his healing hand on the family. I prayed for comfort and peace and I also prayed for my uncle - that he either gets a miracle and be healed or if he goes, that his soul be accepted into God's fold. It was then that I remembered that my uncle does not believe in God. I just talked to a cousin who confirmed this but I did get some good news, seems like my uncle's two eldest sons have learned to accept God these past few days and have started praying. They've even asked the cousins to help pray for them. It's just so sad that a tragedy needs to happen before God's existence is acknowledged.

I cannot wait till the lunar new year. I really really want this year to end.

2 comments:

Mylene said...

I hope you all feel better.

So sorry to hear about your uncle. :-(

popcorn said...

Thanks, Mai.

My mom cries non-stop each time I talk to her. She'll get a hold of herself and say na "tanggap na nya" and then she'll start crying all over again. Personally, I'm not as close to this uncle as I am to another one, pero sobrang dinibdib ko rin because naawa ako sa kids and wife nya.