I started off from that recipe and tweaked a few measurements, this was what I did:
- 1 lb pork, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- 2 potatoes (Russet), peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- Season the diced pork with salt and pepper and set aside in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and saute pork until no longer pink. If juices come out, spoon them out and throw away.
- Add the garlic and onion, saute till onions are clear.
- Season the pork with the fish sauce.
- Add the potatoes (NOTE: if using Russet potatoes, do not add them at this time as they cook easily and will fall apart before your pork becomes tender).
- Add the tomato sauce and water
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for 25 to 30 minutes until pork is soft.
- Add the bell pepper and let simmer.
This turned out quite good, the only issue we have is that we used Russet potatoes and they cooked too quickly. Will have to add them into the pot a bit later (maybe 10 to 15 minutes later) so they don't get too soft.
Taste wise, this turned out good.