Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fried Tofu

Tofu has always been a favorite in our kitchen but we don't get to try a lot of different dishes, mostly because we do not know how to prepare them and we usually stick with what we know.
Recently, Mom brought a vegetarian cookbook and left it with me because she says that we might make more use of it than she did. True to her words, I went through the book immediately and found a recipe for this simple fried tofu dish.
1. Dice tofu and scald with boiling water for 1 minute (to half-cook the tofu).
2. Drain the tofu on paper towels.
3. Dip the tofu in egg and then coat with flour.
4. Deep fry in hot oil.
For the sauce:
3 tbsp lite soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp sesame oil (did not put this much)

5 comments:

Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

this is yummy!

popcorn said...

Masarap to, Berry! I swear!

Enjoy na enjoy kami mag papak ni hubby eh.

Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

I don't know when I would be able to cook, right now, my priority is gumawa ng pera. I'm also experimenting something on the Internet.

I like to learn how to cook food. Pero I guess my mother-in-law and husband would be more please if I concentrate more on money making hahaha

popcorn said...

Hi Berry,

Kung meron namang tagaluto sa bahay, okay lang yun. Napipilitan lang kami mag set aside ng time for cooking dito kasi wala kaming makakain otherwise.

YeahBaby said...

mas maganda yung marunong kang magluto, kc at least paglaki ng anak mo, mapagsisilbihan mo sila sa pagluluto

eh ako kc natry ko lang gisa gisa lang dati, pero kung tatanungin mo kung mayexperience, bali wala yung gisa gisa ko kc nakaprepare na ren ingredients

everything has a reason, like what you said, u need to learn to cook kc wala kayong tagaluto, magugutom kayo.

eh sa akin, ano naman kaya ang reason at bakit pati itlog eh hindi ako nagluluto, marunong akong magluto ng itlog, pero hindi ako nagluluto ng itlog. i mean, ano naman kaya ang reason regarding sa future sa akin. weird ko ba?

si berry ito, ibang account ko lang yung nakalogin :p