Friday, January 28, 2011

Frustrated

Sometimes, my husband frustrates me and tonight is one of those times.

A few days ago, I blogged about feeling a cold draft coming in from the balcony / patio door where I keep my milk pumping equipment set up. My friend, A, suggested that we get one of those window insulation kits to seal the door against drafts. I thought it was a good idea so I ordered a set from Amazon, with the intention of buying another one for our upstairs balcony door once we confirm that this works for us.

So the insulation kit arrived this afternoon and I asked hubby to read the instructions so that we can figure out how best to go about installing it as it seems easier for 2 people to put it up, rather than 1.

And again, he said the same thing that he said the first time that I told him about the insulation kit, "So, this means we're not going to be able to go out the balcony anymore."

My husband is a dear man. Sweet and loving. But I would have to agree with what one of his good friends said about him decades ago, "... minsan kung ano ano sinasabi nyan."

It's winter. It's below freezing outside. How many times have we gone out this winter ? How many times has HE gone out to the balcony this winter ? ZERO. I remember that we still had the AC going full blast the last time he stepped out onto the balcony, so that must be during the summer. Even the plants that we used to grow out in the balcony (they're inside the house now), I watered them! He never went out. The one and only time that he stepped out was to hang a drenched floormat out to dry (which he never brought in, by the way), so that mat is still outside.

Anyway, I guess I should go off to bed now. I'm obviously cranky because I get upset so easily. I know that he means well and that he's just reminding me but really, I feel that it's such a waste of energy to be concerned about something that you have not done in several months. Also, it's not like we're permanently sealing off the doors. We're just sealing the doorways with a huge plastic sheet.

Hay. Bahala na. I'm not gonna nag anymore. If he is that concerned about being able to go out if and when he feels like it, then I'm not gonna push for the insulation anymore.

No comments: