Monday, November 29, 2010

Shopping

I got to go out for 3 hours this afternoon to do some personal shopping. It's been a while since I was able to go out and buy something for myself and when I got home, I'm reminded again of why I don't usually do this.

I left at around 4:30 pm, just after I got Swe-cha down for his nap. I figure, if his nap goes well, Daddy should have a leisurely 1 to 1.5 hrs ahead of him. When I got home at 7:30p (picked up dinner on the way home), I opened the door to a crying Swe-cha and a very irate Daddy. Whatever it was that transpired in the last hour, it made Daddy so mad that he was nagdadabog. I didn't like how he looked, I swear, I was so relieved that I got home in time to calm everybody down.

As I write this post, I look back to the moments when I was out shopping and try to relive the pleasure. Given what I went home to today, I don't think that I will be able to go out and leave Swe-cha alone w/ his Daddy, not while the baby is teething (again, sigh!) and very irritable. Hanggang imagine na lang muna ako.

I really can't stand it when both boys are irritable. I had to scold hubby that I can only handle 1 sungit guy at a time and it doesn't really help if I am trying to calm down a screaming baby and all he does is grumble about the screaming at the same time (trans: nagse sermon). As if Swe-cha will and can listen, no. Ka-asar.

Aside from that episode, I had a good day. We started the day well (Swe-cha woke up smiling and comfortable w/ no teething pains) and ended the day well (Swe-cha, Daddy and Mommy hugging and making lambing in bed). My shopping also went well, I got a few new pairs of shoes and a few pairs of skinny jeans. I amazed myself in the fitting room because I fit in size 4 jeans! I haven't been a size 4 in more than 10 years. The super skinny jeans fit me just right (snug) and the skinny jeans were a bit loose in the waist area. *smile*

Funny lang because I got size 6, 8 and 10 jeans when I went to the fitting room and had to go out and get a smaller size. I've gotten so used to wearing my fat pants, hindi na ako sanay.

No comments: