Monday, May 4, 2009

Web Hosting Review

Last weekend, a car salesman - yes, you read it right, a CAR SALESMAN - started talking to hubbby and me about e-commerce websites when he heard that we were both in IT.  He told us - and he sort of winked at us as if we were conspirators - that he'd be calling us over the weekend to talk to us about this web hosting service that he knows of. I get the feeling that he is moonlighting as a web-services reseller.

So with that thought in mind, I decided to do some research and check out web hosting ratings. I was interested to check out the prices too as I wanted to find out if this guy was straight or if was the type to take advantage ( I think it's more of the former because why would he think about trying to pull an IT-based scam on a couple of IT professionals ? )

Not surprisingly, the prices I saw on the web hosting review site differs so much from the prices that he quoted us. He was trying to sell us $200 / year services whereas this website lists web hosting services that cost an average of $10 a month. I also love how they provide articles that help out people who may wish to start their own websites such as How to Avoid the Five Pitfalls of Domain Registration.

No comments: