Monday, May 4, 2009

Swine Flu

So mom calls me up, panicking, and ask that I get some N95 masks for hubby and me to protect ourselves from the swine flu or the disease that's more appropriately known as H1N1.

And my response was, "what? walk around with a mask? And look crazy & paranoid ? No way."

Unbeknownst to my mom, I had already asked around my circle of friends to see if anyone was buying or wearing masks. Two families admitted to having N95 masks still stocked up (from the time that the SARS virus first came out) but no one has started wearing them yet.

Anyway, so Mom pressures me into getting masks at the very least. And again, I respond by saying that masks can only do you good if you wear them. If I had no intention of going out in a mask, why should I even buy?

And this is the link that she sends me from www.flufashion.net  Click here to view mask designs

Apparently, there are now N95- rated masks which are designed to be fashionable. What more could I say ? I had no more excuses.

Check out their designs:




No comments: