Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween

I went to the library last night to drop off some books, DVDs and CDs that were due - fortunately, they're open till 8 or 9pm at night - and I saw a lot of parents with kids in their halloween costume. It looked like there was some sort of program or parade going on in the library.

It then occurred to me that with Swe-cha around, it wouldn't be long before we'll be joining in on the fun on Halloween. Wouldn't that be fun ? Putting on costumes, going trick or treating... oh.. and the sweets! (note that this is my gestational diabetes thinking about the chocolates right now...)

I still remember our first Halloween here (hubby & me) in the US. There are only a handful of kids in our condo bldg - and most of them are infants - so we never ever see trick or treaters around. That afternoon, I decided that I wanted to walk around to Dunkin Donuts' a few blocks down the street and hoped that we could see some costumed kids trick-or-treating. While walking, we passed by this house, the owner was in the porch and she shouted at hubby & me, "hello! You want trick or treat ?"

She must have thought we were kids.

and so I did :)

"Trick or treat!"

Hubby was too shy. He didn't take her up on the offer.

No comments: