Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Need Credit

My friend and I were just talking about her credit card woes the other day. She's been in the US for a few years now and has a very good credit score and yet her credit card limits are on the low side.

She's been calling and requesting the company to increase her monthly limit (so far, she's been calling every 6 months) but she gets declined all the time without any specific reason - the people that she's talked to always said that they didn't know why.

I've been pushing her to just get a new credit card instead of trying to get her limits raised. If she, say, applies for new gas credit cards then she accomplishes the same thing - she'll get additional credit power every month and she can even choose the best rewards program for her. Don't know which one she'll apply for but my all time favorite will always be the cashback reward cards.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll be able to get approved for a new card.

No comments: