Monday, January 12, 2009

Babies

An old student of mine my Girl Scouting days found me on Friendster and left me a message a week ago. We've been exchanging emails since then and I've found out that a lot of things happened since I last saw her when she was in grade school.


She now has a 1 year old boy but unfortunately, her relationship with the father & his family did not work out. My first thought was that she was too young to have undergone such an experience. But then again, at 25 ? Maybe not. She does sound mentally & emotionally equipped to handle her situation - at least, that's the impression I get from her emails.


I also got some news from her about her other batchmates. Professionals na sila :)


Anyway, this piece of news about my former student saddened me. I find myself greatly affected whenever I hear about someone getting pregnant out of wedlock nowadays. I'm sure that most of these women - while they're perfectly happy with their little ones in their lives now - would much rather have done it differently if they had a choice. But that's just me.

---


edit: Okay, I just underwent a procedure to check out my insides (HSG). I realize that this is partly the reason behind my slight depression when I wrote this post earlier.

Doc tells me that everything is normal and that got a huge sigh of relief out of me.

No comments: