Wednesday, February 4, 2009

21st century dating

Stories of how a couple (husbands & wives) met each other fascinate me. When I find myself with nothing to do, I usually just log in to my favorite social networking sites and start browsing through my list of friends and when I come across someone whose profile or personal site seems to have been updated recently, I would go into their pages and then go through their friends list.

Every now and then, I'd hit the jackpot and come across someone I know from a long time ago and with whom I've lost touch with. I'd usually try and check to see if they're already married or are dating someone, and I'll try and see if I can find any of their pictures online.

... note to self: As I am typing this post, I suddenly realized that I do have some stalker-ish tendencies. Yikes! Better keep this in check.

With all that technology has to offer us nowadays, I'm beginning to see more and more couples who met through the internet - chat rooms, SMS, internet personals, and even social networking sites (haha!). I remember the times - it wasn't so long ago - when admitting that your bf was a phonepal sounded taboo. Nowadays, these are so normal.

There's even a 411 Dating Info website if you have not decided which dating site or method you want to use to meet other people. What can I say ? Welcome to the 21st century.

No comments: