Monday, February 2, 2009

Ski season

MIL just reminded us that by lunar reckoning, hubby and I have been living in the US for 2 years now. This is one of those instances when time just went zipping by and I didn't even notice.


That conversation with MIL reminded me that I have not skiied in 3 winters! I remember wrapping up my gear and placing them in (temporary) storage the season before I got married (to avoid accidents) and I remember talking this over with hubby and agreeing with him that we'll be doing some snowsports when he gets here. We just never did.

So this year, eto, am taking out my skis to be tuned up. I also just found out that I couldn't fit in any of my snow pants anymore (argh!) so we'll have to buy new ones for both me & hubby.

Hopefully, I should have ski/snowboard pics to post in the next few weeks.

On the downside, I'm still having some trouble with dry skin. I've tried everything that has been recommended to me - I use bath oils, body oils and slather on thick lotion AND thick cream every so often - but when the weather gets really chilly (and note that I am home 95% of the time!) I get super dry & itchy skin. I'm ready to try this new 7 Cream with Manuka Honey and hopefully, this can work a miracle.

No comments: