Tuesday, October 12, 2010

God's perfect timing

Last week, Swe-cha and I were out and doing our rounds of the supermarkets to purchase the on-sale items that we needed to replenish our food pantry. That day, I counted 14 consecutive traffic lights that turned yellow just as I was crossing the intersection - I was on a roll! I patted myself on the back for my great timing. Amazing how these little things can make me so happy.

It got me to thinking how timing plays a role in our lives, specifically, God's perfect timing. We got married (was able to process hubby's papers along w/ my permanent residence application even though this wasn't a factor when we planned our wedding), hubby immigrated (and got his permanent residence card months after he immigrated), we got pregnant, and I've become a SAHM - all in perfect time. Not all of those events were planned that way but God knows what is best for us and steered us in the right direction.

I've always considered myself a very lucky person because everything in my life - even those events that seemed unfortunate at the time (everything is a blessing, we just have to learn to recognize them for what they are) - have all worked out and turned out to be the best option for us. But I need to correct that misconception, we're not lucky,... we're blessed.

I am happy. Tired and veiny (veins popping out of my hands na!) but happy.

May God continue to bless our family and may our eyes be opened so that we may recognize and acknowledge the blessings that He showers upon us.

No comments: