Thursday, July 10, 2008

Truck convention ?

I had some errands to run at the bank - okay okay, I admit it. I miscalculated our bills for this month and I had to make habol and transfer some funds from another account so that we don't go below the required average daily balance and get penalized.

I decided to walk the 0.7 miles to the bank. My hubby, the dear dear man, even reminded me that I could just drop by Dunkin Donuts' on the way to the bank for some iced latte - he means well, really,... but I've gained so much weight that an iced coffee (with whipped cream) isn't really a good idea.

I figured, how hard could it be ? My friends who work in NYC walk much further than that on a daily basis, I could do it too.

Halfway down the 0.7 mile mark, I was panting.

That was how out of shape I was. I wanted to cry and began to yearn for those years when I could do 3 hour aerobics sessions at the gym and still have the energy for weight training afterwards.

Btw, I have been walking briskly since I left the house. I figured that since I was walking anyway, I might as well make the extra effort to raise my heart rate so I could claim to have exercised as well.

Anyway, I took the reminiscing part as an excuse to stop and take a breath. Aliw rin because when I looked around (I had not been paying attention to my surroundings below), I saw what appeared to be some sort of a UPS convention.

There were 5 huge UPS tricks, arranged in a semi circle (this was highly unusual because there isn't any UPS hub / location / office in the area). I approached the parking lot, half-expecting to see some sort of show / meeting / soiree (haha!) taking place in the middle of the half-circle. There were none. Ay. :(

Disappointed, I walked the rest of the way to the bank. I did see a cop point his speed radar gun towards oncoming traffic and I saw him flag an SUV down. Haha! Seeing this one vehicle get a ticket for speeding kinda makes all those times when hubby & I make an extra effort to observe the speed limit even if we're in a hurry all worthwhile.

and no, I resisted the coffee urge. yay!

No comments: