Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We *heart* the Grill

Hubby and I are loving our grill.

This grill is a George Foreman indoor-outdoor grill that I received as a birthday gift 4 years ago.

I know, I know. I didn't use it immediately because I didn't want to just leave it outside (balcony) permanently and be exposed to the elements. Yet, I felt too tamad to bring it in inside after every use (after airing it out to get rid of most of the food smells, of course).

Anyway, we decided to use this last July 4th and boy, oh, boy, we're great .. correction.. HUGE fans!

So far we've grilled baby back ribs, corn, chicken bbq, pork chops, asparagus, bacon, and now, our latest dish - Korean BBQ (marinated short ribs, recipe to follow).

We had doubts about the electric part at first because, after all, there's this notion that fire-grilled food is always better than those grilled through an electric grill. Well, there's not a whole lot of difference and you still get the dark (seared) lines across the meat anyway.

2 comments:

Mai said...

I can't believe you let it sit for 4 years! Those are great.

popcorn said...

I didn't realize how good these are.

I have the table top version which they call the "Lean, Mean, George Foreman Machine" and while it does cook meat fast, it wasn't as fun to use as this one.

Eto, super saya. We get to experiment with different marinades & meat rubs too, lahat masarap.