Friday, July 18, 2008

sigh.

I talk a lot.

And I mean a LOT.

But lately, since the project started moving forward this Monday, my days have become so long! I start my days really early now at 9am (and this is early, considering that I end my days late too because I also work & coordinate with our offshore staff).

Early morning meetings are usually with our company upper management & sales team, talking about the contract that's being drafted. The sales guy keeps pushing us to give more freebies under the guise of "protecting both the client and the company". Duh, he wants to take away all the conditions in our SLA to give the client some level of comfort. Where, if I may ask, does protecting the company come in ?

Mid afternoon to late afternoons are spent talking with the mid-level executives who have been assigned to complete tasks in the earlier meetings. I sometimes talk to our offshore company's manager too - who keeps such strange hours, I think... I don't even know if he gets any sleep at all because he's always working.

Last Tuesday was the worst. The phone kept ringing and I swear, I did not have more than 5 straight minutes without the phone to my ear. I even got calls from clients who don't normally call me, correction, have never called me ever. And at the same time I was on the phone, I also had these chat sessions with our developers and our global support team going on too. I was even in a conference call while I was having my lunch. I didn't get to take a break until dinner time and hubby had to get some takeout for that. And after the 1.5 hour dinner break (whew!), I went back to work again to prepare for a 10:30 meeting with Manila. I had to beg off at around 12mn because I couldn't think straight anymore.

I can be very talkative and I usually have a lot of things to say. But this week has been very taxing on my vocal cords. I was so tired of talking that there was a point last night (I was working on my notes for the meeting with Manila) when hubby came into my home office and I just held my hand out as a signal for him to stop. I looked at him and shook my head.

Hubby, the dear man, understood and left me to myself.

*sigh* Thank you, hubby. I *heart* you.