Monday, February 8, 2010

Snowmageddon

So the supposed great snowstorm of the season came and went with nary a snowflake in sight. I have to say that I'm very disappointed. I wasn't really wishing to be buried under tons of snow and I knew that our area wasn't supposed to be hit bad but really, an inch or two would've been nice.

It wasn't until afterwards, when I heard about the 5-hour long power outages in some areas, when it dawned on me how fortunate we were to escape the effects of the snowstorm. Heavens, what if our power were to go out ? Our place is fully-electric and that means that our heat is electric-powered as well.

And suddenly, as I am typing these, some questions come to mind:
- How are we to keep the baby warm ?
- How am I supposed to pump breastmilk when I get engorged (an painful) ? I do have a manual breastpump but I've never used it and haven't not even assembled it before.
- How do we heat cold breastmilk (water heater is electric as well) ?

1 comment:

Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

I haven't used an electric breast pump. And I hate the manual breast pump, promise!!!!!!

Horror nga pag nawala ng electricity! I hate it pag walang kuryente sa bahay. Mga 3 times na nangyari sa amin before and kuntodo paypay ako to the max. Ang bilis pa naman pawisan mga baby. And eto pa, mga reklamador ang mga babies. And eto pa, wala silang pakialam kahit pagod and magmakaawa ka sa kanila hahaha