Monday, February 1, 2010

Random thoughts

Baby is now sleeping soundly and while waiting for the laundry to dry, I find my mind wandering. What would we be doing or better yet, where would we be a year from now ?

It's always been a dream of my husband and I to move to a bigger place, a real house this time. One with a modest backyard - but not too big as hubby does not want to have to deal with mowing a huge lawn - and enough space for a swing set which I've always wanted for my kids. We want a house with 3 bedrooms - 4, if we can afford it - at least 2.5 baths and a basement that has enough space for gatherings.

Over the years, we've checked out several open houses in the area. No, we weren't and still are not ready to buy a house yet but we wanted to find out what the going rates were. Basically, what we can get for what price. I've fallen in love with a couple of houses but we weren't really in a position to buy.

Now, I like to think positive and focus on that dream. I'd like to think that we can accomplish that goal in a few years and not have to sell our current condo - we'll just hire some sort of a Property Manager in Cincinnati to rent out and manage our place. Wouldn't that be ideal ? A new house and a separate income property too ?

*wistful sigh*

Fortunately, it doesn't cost anything to dream. *smile*

No comments: