Monday, February 1, 2010

Chicken Parmesan

We were supposed to have lemon chicken for dinner tonight but when I realized that it was deep-fried and that I needed to avoid fatty & heaty foods, I decided to look for something else that I could make with the boneless, skinless chicken thighs that we were having for dinner. After checking out what we had in the refrigerator, I decided on baked chicken parmesan.

Checked the internet for recipes and looks like there are a lot of variations out there. I threw caution to the wind and picked & chose what I wanted to do. Hubby helped with this dish as well :D

Ingredients:
Boneless chicken thighs, sliced thinly (or use cutlets)
1 egg
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp chopped parsley
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Prepare the parmesan coating for the chicken by mixing equal parts of parmesan cheese & breadcrumbs (more parmesan cheese = better). Mix in the parsley.
  3. Season chicken thighs with freshly ground sea salt.
  4. Dip seasoned chicken thighs in egg.
  5. Coat chicken with the parmesan - breadcrumb mixture.
  6. Arrange chicken on a baking rack and bake until done - around 20 minutes.
We just used bottled marinara for the sauce and made some whole wheat pasta to go with the chicken.

No comments: