Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Scanning

For the past 2 months, I've been spending my spare time scanning all the documents, receipts, statements and other official correspondence that I've accumulated in the last 6 years.

I now have 500 MB worth of images covering 3 years (2002-2004) and I'm in the process of scanning and indexing my 2005 paperwork. All non-important documents go to the shredder after I get an electronic image.

This is all part of my 2008 Q1 plan to reduce & get rid of all junk. Galing no ? Aside from the reduced clutter, it's now easier to bring up any documents that I need without having to rummage through files, folders and lots of envelops crammed into a filing cabinet.

After this, I'll be writing out the files to CD / DVD and will store it somewhere for safekeeping.

How about you ? How long do you keep your statements ?

No comments: