Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year 2007

Christmas Noche Buena was a bit of a letdown for me because ... well... we had none. It was really no big deal at first because it seemed like too much of an effort to have to prepare food for 2 people for midnight when we had enjoyed ourselves in NY (and gorged on yummy goodies in Chinatown) the whole afternoon.

The letdown sunk in afterwards when the in-laws (hubby's brother, to be exact) started asking about how we celebrated our Christmas. When asked what our noche buena meal was, I said "Popcorn". The line suddenly went quiet, I swear, you could hear a pin drop! Eh totoo naman eh. I think bro-in-law couldn't decide whether I was telling the truth or teasing him. Eventually (it must have only been a few seconds later but it felt like minutes to me), he laughingly said that his brother (my hubby) should have just cooked and prepared a feast for me.

I made a decision that come New Year's Eve, I wasn't gonna disappoint. Hmpft :)

Hubby and I prepared the following for our New Year's Eve meal (pics to follow later):

Appetizer: Calamari, Pan fried (fish & veggie) dumplings

Entree: Shrimp fried rice w/ Chinese sausages, Chinese Fried Chicken (take out), baked scallops w/ bacon

Dessert: Cheesecake Factory's Tiramisu cheesecake

Needless to say, we were stuffed.

That night, our good friends E & K invited us over to their house to greet the new year. We had yummy chicken carbonara, baked ribs, baked fish, leche flan and buco pandan with them. Yummy.

Fortunately, I didn't gain a pound after all the new year indulgence. *whew*

1 comment:

Aybee said...

Happy New Year Jean!