Sunday, January 13, 2008

Airport to airport

These past few days have been very hectic for me. I had a Friday meeting in Boston so I flew to Massachusetts on Thursday morning, rented a car and drove myself (1.5 hrs) to our company HQ for afternoon meetings, and finally, drove another hour to a hotel that's a few miles away from where I was supposed to have a meeting the next day.

Woke up at 6:30am on Friday morning, had breakfast, packed up, checked out and met up with our partners so we could go to the (prospective) client site together. It rained all morning so the drive (and the walk) was really miserable. I didn't have an umbrella and really hated getting wet in the rain. The meeting went well and I drove another 1.5 hours to get to the airport. Flights were getting delayed and cancelled all over the northeast due to the rainstorms so I was really fortunate to get on the plane and make it back home the same night.

I have another meeting scheduled for Monday (tomorrow) in Boston again so I had to fly back to MA this afternoon. Just before I was about to leave for the airport, a friend called me up and warned me that there is a winter storm warning in effect over Massachusetts / New Hampshire area and that they were expecting 8 to 12 inches of snow.

OMG ?

Take note ah, the last time that we had 12 inches of snow in NJ, my car was buried more than halfway in the parking area. Low slung cars (i.e. sports cars) were completely buried and could only be found if they had their antennas sticking out from under a huge mound of snow.

Anyway, I tried calling up my boss & our partners to see if the meeting has gotten cancelled. We haven't heard back from the client so I just pushed ahead and caught my flight.

As soon as I got to Boston Logan International airport and turned on my cellphone, I saw that I had voicemail. Halfway through my flight, at around 1pm, the client had called our partners and cancelled Monday's meeting. Thankfully, the shuttle runs between Boston & New York every hour. Our plane came in late so I only had 30 minutes to get out of the gate area, come back in to the airline's check-in counters, have my return flight re-issued and changed, go through airport security screening again and cancel both my car rental and hotel reservations.

I felt so harassed. I swear, I must have looked really really frazzled by the time that I got everything done. I had to cancel my car & hotel reservations from *inside* the plane because boarding had already begun when I finally got out of the security screenings. *pant pant*

It's Sunday night and the work week has not yet begun but I already feel tired.

No comments: