Wednesday, January 16, 2008

On having babies

When hubby and I were discussing marriage before, we decided that we'd wait a year or two before we start having kids. We wanted to have more time to ourselves and get settled in before we start adding babies to our family.

I started dreaming about babies a few weeks ago. It's not really surprising given that we have less than a month to go before our 1st wedding anniversary so we've had the alone time that we wanted to get. If we put my age into consideration too, then now is definitely a good time to start.

Last Monday, I was on the phone with my Mom and casually mentioned that hubby and I are considering expanding our family but that we're still in the early stages - the "considering" stage.
The next day ? I get a phone call very early in the morning from Mom. Aba, nag research na pala. She had done her homework and found out that if we conceive between now and next month, there's a big chance that we might be getting a boy. Better raw if our firstborn is a boy to take out the pressure of producing one - it's the family name propagation thing... you know ;)

I am feeling the pressure. As I said, we're just considering it and we do have to fit a baby into the big picture. There's always the possibility that we'll finally get our house sold (at a good price) and we'll have to make plans to move to another state and having a baby might just make things a bit more complicated.

But then again, it's not like we're bound to conceive immediately as soon as we decide that we want a baby, right ? I'm sure a lot of mommies & soon-to-be-mommies out there can attest to this.

Anyway... I guess the bottom line is that I shouldn't have said anything to my Mom, at least not until we're sure about which way we want to go. Ayun, Mom got so excited and has been calling me daily to ask me how we are & whether we're having a baby yet. Nya!

No comments: