Friday, December 5, 2008

Mineral makeup bandwagon

I've been hearing a lot of good things about mineral makeup so I decided to join the bandwagon and order some samples.

I very rarely put on makeup - a few times a year at the most - and more often than not, I usually go to the salon to be made up. When I make myself up, it's usually just foundation, blush, a dab of lipstick and brush on some powder (it's a Clinique product, don't remember what it's called?) to set my makeup and I'm done.

Still unsure of my commitment, I decided to do some research and sampling before I spend some serious $$$. I found a good site and brand (Signature Minerals) that offers free samples of their products (you pay for shipping) and ordered some of my own. While I was doing the research, I found out that mineral makeup has been around for a long time na pala and that there are many brands out there. I finally settled on SM because (a) they have samples; and, (b) they have an oriental asian in their before-and-after pages and they also listed the colors that these people used on themselves. This helped a lot because I have no idea what my skin tone is.

Following the advice of the asian in the testimonial pages, I got the following shades:
- 2.3 Light Beige foundation
- 4.0 Light Foundation
- Bisque Concealer
- Rose semi matte blush
- Angel wings veil
- translucent veil

Then the next step was to get a buki brush... I checked and GOLLY, makeup tools are expensive! So I'll skip this for now - since I'm on the trying-out stage anyway - and will just use my retractable Clinique brush (whatever this is) in the meantime.

I have a party to go to tomorrow and if I feel like it, am gonna try this out. If I like how I look and how my skin feels afterwards, I might just splurge and get a set of nice makeup brushes and a good set of mineral makeup.

After all, it's about time for my makeup kikay box to get filled anyway.

Dapat, after nito, maganda na ako. No snide remarks, please :P

5 comments:

Mai said...

I've heard a lot about mineral makeup too but I've never tried it. How do you like it?

Yes brushes are so expensive! But good quality brushes should last a very long time so it should be just a one-time expense.

JHIEISMS said...

Hey, nice blog! And this post just inspired me to shop for more makeup too. Hehe. :)

Anonymous said...

Ferro Cosmetics is a new mineral makeup line that is 100% chemical free and caters to all skins tones. Go to the website www.ferrocosmetics.com they are offering FREE shipping, FREE samples and they have great gifts for under $25! The products are great and very reasonable in price!

Anonymous said...

Mineral makeup is my favorite & Ulta is the best source to get that.

Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

buti ka pa marunong make up. ako hanggang lip gloss lang ako.