Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Blurred

I first suspected that I might be having trouble with my eyesight a few months ago when I realized that I couldn't read the program information that's displayed on Tivo. Come to think of it, this didn't seem like a gradual decline. All I knew was that one day, I just couldn't read the small text anymore.

I told hubby and his initial thought was that I must be thinking about buying a new LCD TV and my eyesight was my excuse. Now, you guys know me and how stingy much of a wise-spender I am so the TV excuse is out of the question.

Fortunately, I can still read whatever's on my screen when I'm working so I don't feel an urgent need to visit the eye doctor and have my eyes checked out (or prove that it's our TV screen that's degrading). Mom is going to scold me when she hears about this, but I've decided to postpone my visit to the optometrist until 2009 - this is when our FSA kicks in and what we spend on co-pay & eyeglasses become tax free. After all, we all know how expensive prescription eyeglasses can get, right ?

Today, I am so glad to have stumbled across Optical4Less.com, a site that offers trendy, hip & stylish glasses at an affordable price. If you order more than 1 pair of glasses, they even ship it for free! I'm most impressed with their virtual try-on system, this will help me choose the best frame and style that suits my face.

With glasses starting at $15 ? Who needs to wait for the FSA ? I want to stop squinting when I watch TV now. Besides, I've always wanted photochromic lenses, this seems like a good time to get those *smile*.

No comments: