Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl XLII

Super Bowl XLII is my 5th in the US but is the first one that I really watched for the game and not just for the commercials.

I wasn't really rooting for any team but I found myself jumping up and down in the last 2 minutes of the game. NY Giants were down 4 points and were working to score some points. I didn't think that they were going to make it - given that this is the first ever football game I've watched, I still have no idea how much time it takes to score a touchdown.

Tonight is my last night in Massachusetts and I am not looking forward to seeing the disappointment in people's faces tomorrow. Everybody out here was rooting for the New England Patriots - I see a lot of people & kids wearing Patriot Jerseys (most were Brady's #12, he's such a hunk!) and after church this morning, I overheard a few people commenting that they haven't seen their church this full since Christmas. Super Bowl fans probably made the extra effort to attend mass to pray for their teams.

It's an even bigger disappoint for the Patriots since this would be their 2nd perfect game in a row if they had won. Imagine ? They didn't have any losses until tonight. The NY Giants really played a good game as most people didn't expect them to win.

I have to commend the Giant's spirit too. They lagged behind in the first 2 quarters, got ahead in the 3rd quarter, lost the lead again in the 4th until they finally gained the lead in the last 2 minutes. It just goes to show that it's not over till it's over. There's always hope.

Anyway, I fly back home tomorrow, I bet the smiles on the faces of people in NY would be a welcome sight to see. One more night and I get to be with hubby again.

No comments: