Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Chinese New Year 2008

Hubby and I made sure that we're able to go out for some grocery-shopping tonight so that we could prepare for the Chinese New Year's Eve celebration tomorrow. As we did last New Year's eve, we prepared fruits - oranges, apples, pineapple, banana, pears - to be displayed on our dining table when the new year comes.

I have not made any preparations as to what we will be having to dinner as tomorrow is also Ash Wednesday, a day of fasting and abstinence. All the dishes that hubby and I can prepare (or want to have for special occasions) all have meat as the main ingredient. I checked our freezer and turns out we only have a little shrimp left, probably not enough for two. Looks like we will have to make do with tofu and / or some fried eggplant chips (which I happen to love) for dinner tomorrow night. Let's see.

How about you ? Do you do anything special to greet the Chinese (Lunar) New Year ?

No comments: