Thursday, May 26, 2016

Field Day 2016

Swe-cha's school is having their field day today.

Yesterday evening, I opened Swe-cha's homework folder and found instructions for field day. It listed a bunch of items:
- Wear sneakers and a shirt in your team's color - YELLOW
- blanket that can be put on the ground to sit on
- 2 bottles of drinking water with name written on it
Label and place all items in a drawstring bag.

I rummaged in Swe-cha's closet and could not find anything in yellow so I had to call his Dad and he found a yellow shirt at TJ Maxx's on his way home.

I also could not find a drawstring bag until I remembered getting one as a loot bag during a training I attended earlier this year.

I sure wish that teachers / schools would give out instructions like these at least 2 days before the event to give parents a chance to prepare, especially if there are very specific requests.

No comments: