For this, I used a recipe that I picked up from a Chicken of the Sea advertisement long ago but had to tweak a little because - typical me - I ran out of ingredients.
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (used green bell pepper instead)
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1/4 cup mayonnaise (only had around 2/3 of this amount so I lessened the bread crumbs)
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
dash cayenne pepper (did not add, hubby does not like spicy food)
2 6-oz cans crab meat
1 medium egg, beaten
1/3 cup breadcrumbs (for crab cake mixture)
2/3 cup breadcrumbs (for coating, I skipped this)
3 tbsp melted butter (for frying crab cakes)
- In a bowl, combine pepper, green onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, seasoned salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in crab, egg and 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- Divide and form mixture into balls.
- Roll crab balls in remaining breadcrumbs; flatten into cakes about 1/2 inch thick. (skipped the breadcrumb coating).
- In skillet, pan fry crab cakes in butter 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden brown.
This turned out very very good. :D