2 years has made a huge difference, obviously. Aside from experimenting on the seasoning & flavoring, now, I know enough to: (1) use an entire strip of bacon to wrap around the scallop to allow for shrinkage of the bacon and (2) to lift the scallops so that they don't get submerged in the juices that come out during the broiling.
1. Season scallops with lemon juice
2. Wrap scallops with bacon strips, secure the ends of the bacon with a toothpick.
3. Season the tops & bottoms of the scallops with a tiny bit of paprika and seasoned salt.
4. Heat the broiler and pop the scallops in when hot.
5. After 2 to 3 minutes, the bacon will have browned a bit, sprinkle a bit of brown sugar on the scallops and let brown a little.
6. Turn the scallops over on the other side and repeat step 5.