Checked the internet for recipes and looks like there are a lot of variations out there. I threw caution to the wind and picked & chose what I wanted to do. Hubby helped with this dish as well :D
Boneless chicken thighs, sliced thinly (or use cutlets)
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare the parmesan coating for the chicken by mixing equal parts of parmesan cheese & breadcrumbs (more parmesan cheese = better). Mix in the parsley.
- Season chicken thighs with freshly ground sea salt.
- Dip seasoned chicken thighs in egg.
- Coat chicken with the parmesan - breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken on a baking rack and bake until done - around 20 minutes.
We just used bottled marinara for the sauce and made some whole wheat pasta to go with the chicken.