Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ultimate Power Shopper

We usually do our grocery shopping on Saturdays. Depending on how much we need to get, it usually takes us between an hour to a few hours (around 4?) to get everything done and oftentimes, we buy different products from different stores because of availability, product quality and cost considerations.

With this in mind, I usually spend Friday nights making lists and sort of planning the meals that we will be preparing for the rest of the week. I also take the time to go over the weekly ads and any manufacturer coupons (they're usually inserted in our weekly city journal) that we might have received.

Sometimes, we get lucky and get the ultimate power combination of advertised sales + manufacturer coupons + grocery coupons. This happened last week. We paid $13 for $39 worth of groceries. This was very significant because we didn't buy a lot, just $39 worth. I feel lucky that I'm blessed with a husband who doesn't feel embarassed whenever I whip out the discount coupons.

Prior to last week, the best buy that I had was for L'Oreal shampoos and conditioners. My local store offered a Buy 1 Get 1 promotion for them and I had a few manufacturer coupons for Buy 1 Get 1 which I've been saving for a time such as these. Tamang tama, malapit na mag expire yung coupons ko when I got to use them. When used together, the B1G1 promotion from the store and the B1G1 manufacturer coupons actually let me pay for 1 and get 3 bottles free.

$4.49 for 4 big bottles of shampoo/conditioner. Things can't get any better than this, even if you compare to Manila prices.

It took me a while to explain the concept to hubby, he was so amazed and couldn't quite believe how we could take home 4 bottles and just pay for 1. I was explaining to him while I was choosing what I wanted from the different varieties.

Bottle 1 - You pay for this
Bottle 2 - from the store's B1G1 promo, free from buying bottle1

Bottle 3 - free from the manufacturer's coupon
Bottle 4 - from the store's B1G1 promo, free from buying bottle3

Ang saya no?

3 comments:

Mai said...

I think he is blessed that *you* are not embarrassed to use coupons. I love good deals, they are always awesome!

Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

hayyyy ang saya talaga ng freebies. ako i love freebies...

popcorn said...

Aliw rin that hubby's not embarrassed to use coupons too. Minsan, yung mga boys nahihiya and kelangan pilitin. I'm sure that my brother won't use one unless he's forced.