Sunday, August 10, 2008

Beijing 2008 - Opening Ceremony

Hubby and I Tivoed the Opening Ceremony of the 2008 Olympics because we had to go out on Friday night. We didn't get to watch it till Saturday afternoon and boy, did our jaws drop when we saw the intricate production numbers.

If I had to choose from all the great performances that I saw, it would have to be these two:
(1) the human printing blocks
(2) the light drums
mostly because if the timing and precision involved in order to make this work and gosh, the Chinese made it work! And they made it look beautiful and awe-inspiring too.

I cried several times throughout the opening ceremony. Ang galing. I wish I could've been there to witness the spectacular event. The Chinese people and government must be so proud.


Photo credits: http://beijingolympicsblog.wordpress.com/

No comments: