Friday, August 29, 2008

Hubby's new toy

I bought hubby his PSP last week. I had gone to Massachusetts for my regular visit to the company HQ and I decided to visit a friend & his family - they'd just had a new baby - over in New Hampshire.

My friend lives across a shopping complex where there is a best buy, a circuit city, 2 gamestop branches, among many others. I was driving to my friend's place and hubby was keeping me company over the phone and on an impulse, I asked him, "o ano ? We get your PSP na ?". New Hampshire does not have sales tax. So compared to a 7% tax rate in NJ, you get around $12 back if we buy in NH and we can easily put the $12 to good use, say, for PSP accessories.

In fairness, hubby's been wanting a PSP for a long time (since we moved here, actually) and I agreed so long as he gets a job first and saves up for it. It's not something that I would agree that he buy up-front. He's been saving a while now... kaya lang, it just seems that the more you save, the more inspired you get about saving more. So it's more nakakahinayang to just buy another toy and he's just been using my classic Nintendo DS - which is now so heavily used that the labels / stickers are all faded smooth now, and I am not exaggerating when I say this.

Anyway, hopefully, he gets to drop by E's (a friend) place tonight so that he can get his firmware updated and he can start using it. Magastos rin pala because we just *had* to buy an 8GB mem stick for the PSP, haha! sneaky. he did not tell me about this earlier.

and now that he has his PSP slim, he's like... "hun, maybe you should upgrade to a DS lite?".
No, thank you. I'd rather just get a nice designer bag *hint hint*.

No comments: