Monday, June 16, 2008

CA Vacation Recap 2008

Weeks have come and gone since I last posted, those days went by really fast and I've been busy all day (and night) until right this minute.

I had a hectic week at work before I left to go on vacation, with a potential client asking for a presentation of one of our products. Vacationing with my family wasn't stress-free either. I've noticed that since I've gotten married, I've been using hubby as a buffer against everything that bothers me - even my family :-P - so being away from him was stressful as well.

Between regular school, kumon, Chinese lessons, karate-classes and playtime at home, my nephews have a very busy schedule and we all pitched in to help relieve my sister and brother-in-law who have to juggle all these activities for the kids in addition to their full work schedules.

I had quite a few amusing conversations with the little one - the 4 year old - and I'll be posting them in the next few days so I can keep a record. Will probably show these to him when he grows up so he'll see how he was when he was a kid.

On my last day in California, I got to attend a good friend's wedding. This is the only picture I have, courtesy of Edson (a high school friend, hubby's barkada). This was taken while we were relaxing outside in one of the hotel shops just before we went in for cocktails.
Aliw rin. I wish I could've taken pictures of my hair, my sister gifted me with really nice (and medyo expensive) hair pins. I practiced for 2 days prior to the wedding and I can now do a very nice & clean french twist all by myself.
My only regret is that I wish I could've spent more time in California. I have 2 other good friends who've settled there and I haven't visited them for the longest time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So that's where you've been! Where in California did you go?

I'd love to see those pins/french twist on you. I think I've gotten putting makeup on myself down, but the hair is what always escapes me. So most of the time I just leave it down.