Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What is it ?

What is it about me going on vacation that triggers all sorts of issues with our clients? Well, it's not really as bad as I'm making it seem... but it's just weird.

There's this client that I've been supporting for a long time. We don't normally hear from them for months on end and when I go on vacation and someone else covers for me - sure yan, 95% probability that this client will call.

The last time that this happened was when I went on vacation (to get married) last February '07. Before that, it was in September '06 - coincidentally, it happened in the 2 week time frame that I was in Manila to prepare for the wedding. Imagine, for 2006, I went on vacation for 2 weeks and that was the only time that this client needed support.

Hay.

Next week, I'm going on vacation again. This client calls up today (at least I'm still here) and asks me to check out a few options for their application. Hopefully, I finish this by next week so I won't have to look for someone to cover for me. Turning-over work is hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are you going?