Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Typhoon Frank

Hubby and I went to mass last Sunday and were alarmed when we heard the priest say "and we would also like to pray for the people in the Philippines who were affected by the storm, a lot of them were killed,..."

I couldn't wait till mass ended. I was antsy and anxious and couldn't really sit still and concentrate after hearing that. Immediately after we stepped out of church, I called my Mom and thankfully, she answered after the first ring - this was a relief because their broadband connection at home acts up sometimes and it makes it difficult for calls to get in (voip).

To cut the long story short... our families are fine, annoyed by the day-long power outage, but fine nevertheless. They expressed concern about the ship (ferry?) that sank, they heard that there were 800 people on board and as of the time that we were talking, only 4 have been rescued.

:(

No comments: