Friday, June 20, 2008

shocked.

It's 2pm on a Friday afternoon and it looks like I've run out of things to do. Well, it's more like "I've run out of things to do but it's too late (alanganin) to start working on another project." This is quite good, actually, because I worked throughout last weekend and I am looking forward to getting some rest starting today.

I am writing this post because I am still reeling from the news that my Dad gave me a few minutes ago. Without going into too many details, let's just say that it involves someone dear to us - an unmarried girl - and pregnancy.

When I first heard the news, my first thought was... "gosh, a baby ? sana ako na lang."

Hubby and I have a theory that we like to joke around with every now and then na it's easier for unmarried, still-in-school women to get preggy - of course, we do take care when we say this, baka merong ma-offend eh or mahiya. Pero in a way, I do believe that this is true... siguro it's easier to conceive when there's no pressure, no ?

So anyway,... our prayers go out to this dear girl...
... that she gets the courage to tell her family
... and that her family receives her news with love, understanding and grace
... that she gets the support, encouragement and courage to go raise her child
... that the child will be loved and well-cared for, regardless of the circumstances of its conception.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, that's how I got pregnant with Kyla. But I don't get offended. If I could do it over again, I would have waited. But things turned out fine.

What's sad is when some women who want to get pregnant badly don't, while there are women who shouldn't be pregnant yet do. :-(