Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Updates

I haven't posted anything in a week and this is so typical of me. When things get hectic and I run out of time, blogging - while very therapeutic - usually gets the boot.

Nowadays, I'm still chugging along on that spring cleaning project that I started a couple of weeks ago. For the longest time, our house looked like a bodega because of all the things that we've started packing up in boxes in anticipation of our move to Massachusetts.

Unfortunately, our house hasn't sold yet so we are still here. As for our boxed stuff, whatever could fit in our basement storage space has already been squeezed in (which reminds me, I should take a picture so we can have a record of hubby's box-stacking abilities) and whatever boxes are left are lying around in the house in our spare bedroom (this, I've been using as a home office) and living room area.

Bodega, really.

Bro-in-law is arriving in a few days and he will be staying in the spare room so I'm trying to tidy up as much as I can. It's not easy as I just squeeze the cleaning in between conference calls & meetings. Hmmm, I seem to be doing a lot of that lately, ... I look at my daily worklog and nowadays, my days seem filled with meetings, conference calls and chasing-people-to-follow-them-up-on-deadlines-and-requirements. But I digress...

By next week, my home office will have to be moved out of this room and I will have to find a new place for me & my laptop. I have to say that I will miss the morning light which comes in nicely through the window and brightens up the whole room. Our other room faces the opposite direction and only gets the afternoon sun which I find too glaring. Oh well, I can always draw the curtains...

OR... if weather permits, I could transfer my chair & portable workdesk out to the balcony and work there! After all, the balcony off of our bedroom has a nice little alcove that I can sort of squeeze into if the sunshine gets too much. I swear, ngayon ko lang naisip to as I am writing this but this is sounding more like a better idea with each letter that I type! NICE!

1 comment:

Aybee said...

The hassles of moving, talaga naman. And Jarno also has the habit of keeping things he has had since he was a child... for old times sake daw! hehehe. Good luck!