Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring na!

Okay... so I'm not really a Spring person but at this time of the year, one can't help but look forward to the days when you can just wash the winter jackets and put them back into storage.

I have a confession... *shhh*.

I still have an unopened box full of junk from 4 years ago, it's just bits and pieces that I crammed into a box when I was in the process of moving from my apartment to my condo. I call it "junk" because obviously, I have not opened the box in years so I must not need or use whatever it is that is inside.

When hubby moved here after our wedding, another packrat was added to the house.

Lagot.

Hubby's family is arriving in less than 2 weeks. The pressure is on to eliminate / lessen the junk and clear up our place. I've been steadily scanning (for my records) & shredding documents that I don't need to keep and throwing away old magazines that I saved up over the years. I've been doing this for weeks and so far, things are shaping up. Still far from being clear, but we are getting there.

<-- I took this picture just before throwing this in the garbage. This was the very first batch of garbage that I threw away for Spring Cleaning 2008. Those boxes contain junk and other empty boxes. For some reason, I can't bear to throw away boxes because I always think that I'm going to find a use from them. Eh, being an avid online shopper, we get quite a few of them every month.

I am hoping that I can maintain this pace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe I am totally the opposite of a pack rat! I love spring cleaning (even when it's not spring). The scanner is a wonderful invention and there's Goodwill to bring donated clothes to ;-)

Keep going at it!

popcorn said...

Mylene, oo nga, I've seen pics of your house that you posted before. Ang linis and so picture perfect!

How I wish I could do the same. :)