Friday, December 7, 2007

Honey Walnut Shrimp

I was cleaning out my desk when I came across a typewritten recipe for this dish. I remember getting this from my friend, Wena. I don't know where she got this from so if this looks familiar, please drop me a line so I can give credit to whoever put this recipe together :)

So anyway, we tried this out last night. I took care of the shrimp while hubby mixed the sauce. Btw, I had some leftover batter (egg white & cornstarch mixture) so I thawed out some squid rings and fried up some calamari on the side too :)

Ingredients:
1 lb of large or medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup oil

Sauce:
2 tbs honey
2 tbs mayonnaise
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
1/2 tbs condensed milk
1/2 cup walnuts (you can buy glazed walnuts from the grocery store)

  • Mix cornstarch and egg whites together to form a thick, sticky texture and mix well with the shrimp.

  • Mix honey, mayonnaise, lemon juice and condensed milk in a bowl until smooth.

  • Heat oil until boiling then deep try the shrimp until golden brown.

  • Drain shrimp then fold in honey mayonnaise mixture. Mix well and sprinkle with walnuts, arrange on a platter and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like the hot proawn salad but instead of fruit cocktail.. its wanluts.. nice:)