Thursday, December 20, 2007

Boy with a headache

My uncle babysat Lyle one afternoon while both my sister and brother-in-law were at work. My aunt had gone to a party and arrived home with bags full of gifts that she received from her friends. When the little boy saw her packages, he rushed over to help her carry them inside and asked to be allowed to open the presents. Aunt obliged him.

When all the packages were unwrapped, Lyle looked around and started tearing up. He was looking for his present - a Megasaur that he's asked Santa for. He started throwing a tantrum while my aunt and uncle tried to pacify him.

Eventually, my aunt gave up, she looked at Lyle accusingly and said, "hay, now I have a headache".

The little boy wiped off his tears with the back of his hand and replied, "Aunt Sally, you're giving me a headache too. Uncle Gary? water please."

Of course, instead of being annoyed, the adults are very much amused. This kind of makes me wonder how much longer he can get away with things because he's cute ? or because he says amusing things ?

1 comment:

Jane said...

you're little boy is so cute ;p

merry christmas!