This dish was prepared and shown to me by an officemate during a project stint in NJ. Thanks Shelby!
- Pork shoulder, cubed
- Bell pepper, diced
- Oyster sauce
- soy sauce
- chopped garlic
- In a plastic container, mix cornstarch and a dash of salt. Place a few pieces of cubed pork, cover and shake to coat the pork pieces evenly. Do this until all the meat is evenly coated with the cornstarch mixture. Set aside
- In a wok / saucepan, heat some oil (put enough oil to deep fry the pork pieces).
- Deep fry the pork cubes and set aside to drain. If possible, drain the oil from the meat by using a metal mesh strainer rather than paper towels. This will help keep the meat crunchy. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix oyster sauce with a dash of soy sauce (to taste) . Mix just enough to coat the pieces of meat. Add a little water if the mixture is too thick.
- Saute garlic in a wok/saucepan, add the bell pepper. When bell pepper is cooked, add the deep fried pork and mix.
- Pour in the oyster sauce mixture and mix.