- Cover the chicken meat with plastic wrap and with a flat mallet (tenderizer), pound the chicken to tenderize and flatten it out.
- Coat the chicken fillets with flour.
- Dip in beaten egg and coat with panko flakes (Japanese bread crumbs).
- Fry in hot oil, approximately 2 minutes on each side or until cooked.
- Boil potatoes in hot water for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- In a bowl, peel off the skin (this should come off easily) - some people actually prefer to have bits of skin in the mashed potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes using a potato masher or a fork
- Add a dollop of butter.
- Add a little milk but not too much that the consistency becomes runny.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- If desired, top with bacon bits and melted cheese (top mashed potatoes with grated cheese and melt in the microwave).