Friday, June 19, 2020

The joy of being a kid

Today is the last day of school.

Swe-cha woke up (by himself) extra early today. When he saw me, he declared, "Mommy, tonight I am going to pray to God to take away the coronavirus. Mommy will pray too."

If I may provide some context, he has been enjoying online learning so far - mostly the staying at home part and a little less on the actual learning part - and has been praying "Dear God, please don't take away the coronavirus" every single night. He even went as far as to declare "I LOVE coronavirus" during a class video call when the kids were talking about how much they wanted the virus to go away so that places (moviehouses, libraries, parks, ...) can open up.

So today, he has started praying for it to go away "God, please take away the coronavirus, I got to summer camp."

"Anak, it's too late. Summer camp is cancelled, you should've started praying for coronavirus to go away in May."

"But I don't want to go to school!"

Oh-kaaaaay. May priorities siya. I bet he'll be very very sad once it sinks in that he's not going to summer camp at all.

No comments: