Saturday, July 3, 2010

Milk Stats

According to my logs, the milk factory that is me has produced over 6,500 oz of milk in the past 6 months.

More than half of that - 3,300 oz - has been frozen and is stored in my freezer or has been donated. The rest have either been fed to Swe-cha or dumped (i.e. when I indulge myself and succumb to a cup of coffee).

If an average can of ready-to-mix formula say, a 23.2 oz Similac container, makes an average of 168 oz of milk. That would make my personal milk production equivalent to 39 cans.

With each Similac can of formula costing $22.49 at Babies R Us, that would mean that the milk I've pumped is now valued at $877. This means that my Medela PIS and milk bag costs are sulit na.

I've given away 1,200 oz of milk, roughly equivalent to $160 savings in formula costs. And if computed at the going rate of $3 for breastmilk (you can buy breastmilk that has been pasteurized and packaged for commercial sale), this is a $3,600 value!

No wonder, I have lost a lot of weight even though I've been eating ravenously these past months. Yay!

Right now, I'm patting my 'girls' for a job well-done. Keep up the good work :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pat them for me and the gehls as well. :). Thank you!!!