Friday, November 7, 2008

Birthday Kaldero

Tomorrow is my nth birthday and I am enjoying my birthday leave today. Yes, we have that in our company.

Mom has been calling me on and off these past few days, mostly to remind me to check out some cookware (sets) that she wanted me to buy as a gift for myself, she will reimburse me later. She also reminds me not to be kuripot and get a good set raw. Cookware is really her and my sister's xth gift idea, I rejected raw kasi her other suggestions.

Funny. I don't have a lot of birthday memories. Maybe it's because we don't celebrate with as much hoopla as other people do. The last birthday I remember celebrating with my family was when I turned 18 and even then, I wasn't so keen on the idea of a party because I wanted a car... (or just the cash) and my parents had already agreed to skip the party. Two weeks before my 18th birthday, an aunt succeeded in convincing my parents that throwing a party would be better for me and that it would give me lifelong memories. So yun. I had a formal debut party and it was indeed memorable. In fact, I still remember NOT getting a car that birthday. I guess this is something I'll remember the rest of my life, my aunt was right :P

So back to Mom's calls. She keeps asking, "have you seen the Calphalon na ? The Calphalon is nice. Check out the Farberware too or the Cuisinart... Choose anything, don't be kuripot ah, ako bahala. Farberware is cheaper but maybe not so good quality, check it out."...

... and I keep thinking that I just need a pot. One pot. That's this big and this high *gestures with hand*. Because my pots now are either too big or too small when I make adobo and this would also be perfect for when I make ma-chang (sticky rice wrapped in bamboo leaves).

... but Mom wants to get me more. Kasi 1 pot is .. cheap ? and after all, it's my birthday. and she's feeling guilty that she and dad have not come to visit us here in NJ. You see, they're in the US a lot but they stay with my sister because she "needs them raw because of her kids". So now, Mom and sis are both feeling a bit guilty and sad for me because they don't get to see me... and are trying to shower me with pots and pans.

*laughs*

But *looks around* where am I going to put the rest ? Bahala na, looks like I'm going kaldero shopping this weekend.

3 comments:

Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

uy happy happy birthday!!!

popcorn said...

Thank you! :)

Mai said...

Happy birthday! We're not big on birthday parties either. (We always preferred the cash too hehe.)

Those Calphalon pots and pans do look nice. I'm sure they'll come in handy :-)