Friday, January 21, 2022

Takeout containers


We've been saving takeout containers all these years because I couldn't bear to just throw these (reusable) ones away just after using them once. 

Unfortunately, there hasn't really been much demand for them. I do bring them when we have group parties or gatherings so that people can use them to bring home leftovers instead of using foil and baggies to wrap food but we haven't attended parties in a long time - not since the pandemic started in 2020 anyway.

A few years ago, someone reached out in a community page about containers because she was prepping Thanksgiving meals to give out to the homeless. I must have donated 100+ containers to that person at that time. Hindi na naulit. 


Fast forward to yesterday when I saw this post on a local Moms group. I know it sounds OA but my heart gave a little leap and started fluttering. 

I felt like, "YES!". All my life, I've been prepping for this day.

So I quickly reached out to the poster, turns out their church regularly feeds 150 every Sunday and they're starting a supplemental program to distribute hot soup and chili to the needy. Hence, the soup containers. My contact also mentioned that if we had other sizes and flat containers, she'll take that as well. 




 

No comments: