Sunday, May 3, 2020

Week 8

Coming up on week 8 of quarantine.

It's not the month of May and the news is filled with stories about stage governors making plans on reopening their states. NJ state parks have been reopened on Saturday May 2, 2020.

Interestingly, it took 8 weeks before we finally really stayed home over a weekend - not one trip out to get supplies. I did plan on going out but when I reviewed my list, there was nothing critical or essential so I didn't go out anymore.

Meanwhile, I am still craving for bread - pandesal or any crusty bread - but with no yeast, there's nothing much to do. One of these days, magkakaroon rin :)

The thread I ordered 2 weeks ago finally came and I finished up the masks for my family in CA (this is batch 2 and also includes masks for my bro and SIL, if/when Mom and dad are able to fly back home).

I think I will make the husband another one since he doesn't have a spare - ang dami kong ginawa and have given everything away so far ;)


A few days ago, I caught Swe-cha praying...

      "Dear God,.. Thank you for our blessings... ... "

and at some point, I saw him cast a sidelong glance at me and say ".. and please don't take away the coronavirus. In Jesus' name, Amen."

Hindi ko na ni-correct. Sincere naman yung prayer nya. i figure, it was similar to when we were young and prayed for Typhoon Signal #2 or 3 para suspended ang classes.

No comments: