Sunday, April 19, 2020

Week 6: Scrub caps

So yesterday, I reached to a friend to ask if she still needed home made face-masks. I remember seeing her ask another friend to make masks for her and her child a couple of weeks ago. I didn't hear anything afterwards and now that I've finished the masks I was making for my sister & parents, I could not make them for my friend. 

Yun nga lang, R replied and said she already had masks, but if I wanted to make her something, can I make her hair caps (scrub caps) instead ? 

*Ulk*  Paano yun ?

I said, I'll have to check it out ... :
- what sorts of patterns are available
- and if there is a pattern out there that I can follow
- and if I had enough continuous (in one piece) fabric to make it

So I found a few candidates, printed out the patterns to "dry-fit" it and they all seemed too large.
I finally got a good pattern from www.twelvebees.ca and this was perfect in all aspects. The author gave clear instructions, the pattern was easy to put together and the size seemed just right (all other patterns I found were too big and I didn't feel confident adjusting the pattern size myself).


It turned out pretty good for a beginner, if I may say so myself. The 2nd one I made was much cleaner than the first one.

I did have to watch some instructional videos to learn how to use my sewing machine and which stitches to use.

No comments: